A firmware update has been released on the official Freelander site, it is however, all in Chinese. The following is an English guide to updating the Freelander PD10 firmware.
The update does the following: adds a function to update OTA (Over-the-air. You may have noticed an ‘update’ app in your app menu, this firmware update will allow you to update in future by using this app.) Optimizes support for Ethernet cards and 3G network cards.
Optimize the G-sensor system (switch freely the style between android 2.x and 4.0) Gets rid of some of the other minor firmware bugs.
Applying the Update also gets rid of most of the pre-installed Chinese apps, so I would recommend all those who can’t read Chinese to install this update.
Things To Note: The rom for the Freelander PD10 Basic Edition has two versions. If the update doesn’t work with one of them, you should try using the other one.
The feature to update by OTA can now be done on the basic, ultimate and excellent version after updating. All updates that come after this one can be done
OTA. If your tablet cannot power on due to a firmware problem, you can also update it with the firmware here.
Make sure you download the correct ROM for your PD10.
ROM for Basic xiandai PD10 (Download)
ROM for Basic meiguang PD10 (Download)
ROM for Ultimate PD10 (Download)
ROM for Excellent PD10 (Download)
ROM for Deluxe PD10 (Download)
Click the button on the screen to download the ROM.
This is what I believe to be the easiest method of installing the update
Update with PC tool
Note: The battery must stay above 30% charge more during the update, or it will fail to complete.
1. Open file “TOOL” and double click “FWDN_V7_V2.22″. Drag three files “FWDN_V7_V2.22″ “lk.rom” “A777.img” and “NANA Data.fai” in the file “固件程序“ into the tool.
2. Press and hold the power key for 5 seconds to turn the tablet off by force. Connect it with charger. Press and hold the volume + key first and then the power key. Release two keys until the computer prompts a dialog box. The Area Map will generate the information and instantly the screen will turn light.
3. Click the ‘START’ button and a dialog box will appear. The system will update by itself. If any red text shows in the middle way, please disconnect the PC and repeat the above steps.)
4. The update will be completed after about 3 minutes.
5. Plug out the USB cable after it is OK. Press and hold the power key for 5 secs to turn the tablet off by force. Press the power key again. The tablet will work normally.
Note: It will take a longer time to switch on for the first time after the update
After all is done you should be running on the updated firmware on your Freelander PD10.